Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2021-22
|Advt. in News Paper||01st June to 30th June 2021|
|Last date of application||15th September 2021|
|Entrance Test/Interview||25th September 2021|
|Part I: (General Analytical Skills / |
mental ability including reasoning
& Research Methodology Communication Skills)
& Research Methodology
|10.00 AM to 11.00 AM|
|Part II: (Component A: Objective type; |
40 questions for duration of 30 minutes
|Part2Component B: Descriptive type of |
questions of one hour duration)
|Lunch Break||01:00-01:30 PM|
|Declaration of Result||01st October2021|
B.Procedure of Examination: (As per Ph.D. Ordinance 19)
C.Structure of Examination: Approved & followed for last Ph.D. entrance exam 2015
- General Analytical Skills /mental ability including reasoning Common to all
- (b) Communication Skills (up to 12th Standard) Objective type; 60questions for duration of 45 minutes
- (c) Research Methodology : Question will be asked to test research aptitude of the candidate
FOUNDATION OF RELEVANT SUBJECT
Component A: Objective type; 40 questions for duration of 30 minutes
Component B: Descriptive type of questions of one hour duration
Interview: At the time of interview the candidates are expected to discuss their research interest/ area, choice of supervisors/co-supervisor and proposed title of thesis.
Syllabus of Entrance Test: (prescribed by ITM University or Equivalent)
A. Written Test
- School of Engg. & Tech.: Under graduate course in respective discipline.
- School of Physical Sciences: Post graduate course work in respective discipline.
- School of Life Sciences : Post graduate course work in respective discipline.
- School of Management : Post graduate course work in respective discipline.
- School of Computer Application: Post graduate course work in respective discipline or equivalent.
B. Interview Presentation:
The candidate is expected to make presentation on the research work he /she propose to pursue. The experts may ask any question on his presentation and the syllabus, prescribed for entrance test.
- Weightage is 100% for interview for candidates qualifying GATE/GPAT /NET/SLAT/ or U.G.C. /CHIR/DST or State Level Fellowship
- Weightage is 20% for interview, 60% for written test & 20% of aggregate or qualifying P.G. examination.
D. Course fee for Ph.D. :
Rs. 70,000/- Per year + Rs. 8000/- Caution Money (As per last batch fee)
E. No. of Seats available for Ph.D. Admission :
Eligibility criteria for admission to Ph.D. Program
1.0 Candidate for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy must, at the time of application, hold Master’s degree with at least stipulated percentages as below or an equivalent grade of the University, a deemed University or any other University incorporated by any law for the time being in force and recognized by the University:
Engineering – First Class at UG and/or PG level
Science – 55 Per cent at PG level
Management – 60 Per cent at PG level
Computer Applications – 60 Per cent at PG level
Humanities – 55 Per cent at PG level
2.0 candidate must apply for registration for Ph.D degree of his subject on a prescribed form obtainable on payment of prescribed fee, stating.
- His/Her qualification and experience;
- Proposed subject/discipline along with the relevant faculty in which he/she proposes to work;
- Proposed title of the Ph.D. thesis.
- Name of the supervisor (along with the name of Co-Supervisors, if any) (Strictly from the University list of approved Supervisors & Co-supervisors) under whom he/she wishes to work and the place/places at which he/she wishes to carry on investigations together with the consent of the Supervisor and Co-supervisors.
- Certificate of qualifying the UGC/CSIR/DST/National or State Level Fellowship/NET / GATE / GPAT/SLET, if any
- Letter granting teacher fellowship, if any.
- Address, Contact number, mobile number, email id and other contact details.
(a) The person recommended as supervisor/co-supervisor to guide the research scholar must be:
- A Professor in a University Teaching Department of the University who has obtained a doctorate degree in the subject and has published at least seven research papers on the concerned subject in peer reviewed standard journals of repute.
- An Associate Professor or Reader in a University Teaching Department of the University who has obtained a doctorate degree in the subject and has published at least seven research papers on the concerned subject in peer reviewed standard journals of repute.
- An Assistant Professor or lecturer of a University Teaching Department who has obtained a doctorate degree in the subject and has published at least seven research papers on the concerned subject in peer reviewed standard journals of repute and has at least five years teaching experience after Ph.D.
- A Director/scientist/professor/or an equivalent cadre in an organization of National/International repute not below the rank of an Associate professor of the University, working as regular employee and who has published at least seven papers in peer reviewed standard journals of repute.
(b) A recognized supervisor who fails to publish at least two research papers on the concerned subject in peer reviewed standard journals of repute over duration of last two years shall not be eligible to enroll any new candidate under his supervision.
- Provided that the persons who have been recognized as supervisor/co-supervisor shall be eligible to supervise and register under him/her even after their superannuation.
- Provided also that the teacher in any college, which is now a constituent unit of this University and who has been recognized as supervisor/co-supervisor earlier by the concerned University, shall continue to be recognized as supervisor/co-supervisor if they comply the requirement laid down for recognition as supervisor/co-supervisor.
- Provided further that a person who is himself registered for Ph.D. degree of the University shall not be eligible to act as supervisor/co-supervisor or member of any committee mentioned in this Ordinance.