Computer Science & Engineering
Global Excellence and Local Relevance in research, teaching, and technology development is the vision of the Department. The Department was started as the Computer Centre in 2011. The Department has state-of-the-art infrastructure and computing equipment supported by high speed Ethernet and wireless networks.
The courses offered in the Department are aimed at preparing students for a career in any of the main areas of Computer Science & Engineering/Information Technology where they can put to practice the knowledge acquired during the study. Through rigorous theory and laboratory practices, the students are equipped to seek position in an organization engaged with computational and software development applications.
The courses in Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering are designed in consultation and collaboration of experts from industries and academia.
- B.Tech. (CSE)
- M.Tech. (CSE)
Course Curriculum and Scheme
Uniqueness of Department:
- To boost the overall performance of students, ITM University has implemented activity based continues assessment model (ABCA). In this model students are involved in various technical activities such as project development, poster presentations, seminar, case study, open book test, quiz and research article writing.
- The Department of Computer Science & Engineering provides an outstanding research environment complemented by excellence in teaching.
- Well qualified faculty members aim at delivering top class education blending their rich research experience with classroom/online teaching.
- The department has a comprehensive curriculum on topics related to all aspects of Computer Hardware and Software with an emphasis on activity and project based learning. The course structure is up-to-date and includes courses on promising topics to equip our students with the latest developments in Computer Science & Engineering.
- Hardware Troubleshooting and Maintenance cell caters to the needs of all the departments of the entire ITM University.
- The R&D cell is constantly striving for research in some of the niche areas in information & communication technology.
- The Department is assisted by a well maintained Departmental library for references
- Use of Learning Management System (LMS) to provide the Video/PPT lectures and conduct online activities such as quiz, assignments, submission of files etc.
- Use of Management Information System (MIS) to maintain the student attendance, online fees submission, online midterm examinations, result declarations etc.
Pedagogy and Learning Ambience:
The department’s pedagogy aims at preparing students to face real-world challenges using Project-Based Learning (PBL), interactive and participative processes and constant mentoring. Lots of opportunities are provided to students to supplement the conventional technical education using the following practices:
- Industry Visits, Workshops and Trainings
- Projects and Quiz Competitions
- Students Seminars and Debates
- Interviews and Group Discussions
- Innovation and Creativity Clubs
- Personality Development Programs
Students and faculty are also benefited from the following sources:
- NPTEL Courses
- SWAYAM Courses
- InfyTQ Program of Infosys
- Coursera Certification Courses
- IIT Spoken Tutorial and FOSS lab by IIT Mumbai
- The teaching aids include Multimedia LCD projectors and smart classrooms.
- Well-equipped specialized labs with licensed software like Microsoft Campus Agreement which includes Windows XP, MS Office, MS Visual Studio, MS SQL Server, MSDN.
- The Department is having other software’s like Oracle, Linux 7.2, Ubuntu 16.04, Windows NT, Server, Win proxy, Turbo C++, Java etc.
- Specialized labs of Anaconda programming environment for Data Science and Machine Learning, MATLAB, NS@, WEKA, Cloudsim 3.0.1, Cisco Packet tracer.
- 40 Mbps high speed leased line internet connectivity throughout the labs.
- Having enough power backup facility upto 100 KVA.
MOU’s with Industries and Academia:
|Name of Company||Name of Company|
|Sinros Pvt. Ltd.||CISCO|
|SAP India ltd.||FPTU, Vietnam for student and faculty exchange program|
|One Planet Research (OPR)||Shreyanshi Consultancy|
|TPC Global||DreamUny Education Pvt. Ltd.|
|Safe Educate learning Pvt. Ltd.||–|
|Research Area||Research Area|
|Cyber Forensics and Security||AI and Machine Learning|
|Data Science||Big Data Analytics|
|Cloud Computing||Computer Vision|
|Image and Video Processing||Network Security|
|Wireless Sensor Networks||Mobile Ad-hoc Networks|
Certificate Courses run by the department
- Cyber Forensics and Security
- Programming in C
- Web programming using PHP and SQL
- OOP Programming using Python
- Data Science and Machine Learning
- Summer Internship Programme
Career Options & Placement Opportunities
- Computer engineers can work as network engineers, system management professionals in public, private as well as in academic institution. Computer software engineers have bright career prospects as the application of software and dependency on it in various walks of life are increasing.
- IT sector is quite broad in terms of employment and job options. Roles are varieties for Computer engineers in IT sector, but their primary role is to apply the knowledge of mathematics and science to design and develop software to be used by clients or users.
- McKinsey Global Institute predicts that by 2022 there will be about 1.5 million more jobs than skilled data scientists available to fill those jobs. This bodes well for anyone thinking of moving into data science, or augmenting their current skill set with data science.
- Major Recruiters for our students are: TCS, Wipro, Infosys, IBM, Mahindra Mphasis (EDS), Hexaware, ExtraMarks, Byju’s, Cognizant, IGate, Accenture, Directi, Libsys, Amdale, HCL, Unilogic, Applabs, Zensar, Syntel, etc.